Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cuttlebug and plastic tablecloth

Pin It
Hi all, Ive have to show another little trick with the cuttlebug. While we were away i was looking around in spotlight and found some plastic embossed table cloth....well the light bulb goes on and i bought some to try in the cuttlebug. Go here to check out what layers i used to do these ...its the same as using plastic stencils....and these were the results......cool hey!



you may find something similar in your home ware shops, i bought 1/4 of a meter and that was plenty. These were a little thinner than a plastic stencil....I hope this can give you some more thrifty ideas....until next post...Valita

and a last thought

Come let us talk together says the Lord;
no matter how deep the stain of your sins,
I can take it out and make you as clean
and fresh as fallen snow. Even if
you are stained as red as crimson,
I can make you white as wool.
Isaiah 1:18

5 comments:

Deborah March said...

I LOVE the crafty way your mind works Valita! What a GREAT idea!! Now I have to hunt for plastic tablecloths (lol). Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us!srnme

Anonymous said...

I too love your ideas on your blog. You inspired me to buy the Fiskars texture plates when I saw them on special (At the Reject shop in Miranda for $2 per set and I bought 4 sets ie 16 textures - not bad in anybody's book!. I played with them this morning and though I have a silicone mat, I thought I would try with the tan mat and some card shim. I ended up sticking with tan mat plus 4 card shims (200gsm thickness. I then was having so much fun that I thought that I would try my plastic stencils that I used to used eons ago. This time the (Kaiser) stencils are so thin, I ended up using the tan mat and 6 card as shim and the C plate instead of the B plate. So thanks for the initial idea. Now I am off to convert them into finished cards. I would love to meet up with you and thank you in person.

valita said...

Hi Michelle, i was stoked to read your comment...its a real buzz to know ive given you some more ideas on getting the most from the oodles of craft supplies we owm!!!! and you got a bargin on those fiskars plates!!!!whish i was there with ya i would of bought them all too!!! i only have one set... wow....im comming to the paper arts show in Cronulla the first weekend in Nov. it would be great to meet...Luv Valita

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

No Way! I knew you were a genius, but this is incredible! We sure are blessed to have you sharing such fun ideas! Thank You! :O) Hugs, Mel

Discount Cards said...

Thanks for the post and this will be great crafty work. I hope you will be share more your work with us.