Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fancy Dress Corner Fold / pattern & Video Tutorial

Pin It
Hi everyone, this is an easy corner fold dress that i showed my card making class how to do and i would love to show you. If you haven't tried any of my corner fold patterns yet this one is a great pattern to start on. I stamped the swirls after the folding was done. We also used the cut out to make this second card....

which i ran through the cuttlebug and added some ribbon around the waist and one of my rolled scallop rose's with a pearl in the center, which you will find the pattern for HERE
So quick and you get 2 cards with the one pattern. below are the video tutorials for this card which i hope will help you to understand the corner fold concept a little better....i will eventually go back and do more video tutorials on how to corner fold in the future and get you all addicted...lol... but for now here is the pattern for the dress... enjoy...Valita


PS...A few people have also asked what stamp set i used for this project it is called Dot Flourishes
heres a pic of them...i used two different ones from this set to create a fuller flourish look and then added some glitter over the dots...


and a last thought

For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for a lifetime,
weeping may last for the night,
but a shout of joy comes in the morning
Psalm 30:5-12



17 comments:

Suzy said...

Great cards. And thanks for template.

Gaby said...

Hi,

both of the cards are so gorgeous. I really couldn't say, which one looks better.

I have never tried this technic, but, like you said, I could really give it a try with this template.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

This is amazing! I absolutely love this effect and your creation! I can't wait to try it and send you what I made!!!! You are wonderful to share this and make us a video. This is definately a WOW Card! Love, Love, Love it! Renee Winch

Leni Onasse said...

Thanks so much for sharing. This is an absolutely gorgeous dress model. Can I downloaded it.

Grts. Leni

Darlene Gabriel said...

Thank you for the tutorial. I can see how this would become addicting. I can't wait to try it.
I love the dresses and the cards you made with this technique and the one with the cutout dress - what a great idea to use it for another card.
Thank you for the template too.
Now that I've found your blog you can bet I'll be back often.

Helen said...

Wow! so stunning projects. Thank you so much for sharing.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Gorgeous!!

I don't see the template for this though. Help please!!!

Carole N. said...

I just found your blog and your beautiful folded cards. I have never tried this, but I sure will now. I hope I can do it.
Thank you for sharing the patterns and your talent.
Big hugs!

Deborah March said...

FABULOUS Valita, thanks so much for your tutorial!

David Brett said...

Hi
I just came across to your blog and reading your post.When most people think of fancy dress, they imagine big costume parties, full of people having a mighty good time without a care in the world. Many people think of Christmas and New Year, and all the festivities that are included. Some even remember the good times they had as a child trick or treating at Halloween, dressing up as witches, vampires and ghosts. The simple fact remains that dressing up in costumes is a great tradition and boils down to having a whole lot of fun!In Britain, fancy dress was borne out of the masked costume parties of the 18th century, where high society types would get together and have a good time in their country mansions. However it was the ever innovative Victorians that really brought out the real meaning of fancy dress at their parties, with many individuals dressed in fancy costumes as characters from whimsical stories and in traditional costumes from across the empire.For more information visit us at:-kate fearnley dresses.Thanks a lot for sharing this valuable information.

Unknown said...

Hi
Recently visit this post, Many people think of Christmas and New Year, and all the festivities that are included. Some even remember the good times they had as a child trick or treating at Halloween, dressing up as witches, vampires and ghosts.For more information visit us at:-Fancy dress.

catophile said...

I just watched both of your videos on corner folding and found them to be very easy to follow and understand. I love your dress pattern and will make that my next card. Well done!

ptah-ra said...

Hi Valita

Just came across your iris folding video on You-Tube and then had a look at your blog page, fantastic.
Will definitely start iris folding now.
Thank you
Ptah-Ra

Chatham said...

Great video

Monique Ouellette, AB Canada said...

EEK! I'm so excited to try this. This would make a great card for a birthday party my daughter is going to on Friday. Omg, I can't enough of your tutorials!!!

thecrazycrafter said...

i'm very excited to try this technique! thank you for showing it to me!!! now i have a request could you please make a pattern of a short dress like a cocktail or day dress with more volume in the skirt and instead of the v pattern on the top could you give it like a little short sleeve or a tank top style top?
and then what size card did you make is that an a2?
you have me so excited to make this i can't wait!!!
thank you again!

creaciones.coy said...

Bella esta tecnica, me encanta desde Venezuela, un abrazo y dios le bendiga por dar a sus semejantes