Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paper Frangipani /pattern and video tutorial

Pin It
Hey everyone, spring is peeping its head in early here in Australia, we have had beautiful weather lately and our gorgeous Frangipani tree is almost ready to burst to life again. so i thought i'd show you how to make these paper ones. Really quick and easy.

you'll need : light weight card in white and green
Yellow crayola pencil
Yellow and green ink
emboss tolls or a marble
crimper and some gliter

First cut 6 petals from white card. Using a crayola pencil starting at the point, steak on some colour and then sponge on some yellow ink.


To shape the petals i used a cake making tool with large balls on each end but you can use a marble! which will do the same job (more money savers) !

Next run around the edge of each petal with a regular emboss tool to create a small lip.

punch or cut a small disc of white card to mount your petals on. Add glue and arrange petals.



To make the bud I used my make shift deet tool (Knitting needle) and rolled the petal up starting at the top side of the petal ( note: i did this wrong in the video) ! and added some soft yellow sponged ink



Cut 1 leaf from the pattern, fold it in half length ways and run through the crimper. You could mark these vein lines with an emboss tool if you haven't got a crimper. see how i marked the Hibiscus leaves here.

arrange your flower on the card adding the bud and leaf last.

.... i hope you enjoy making this ....Valita

and a last thought

No, he has told you what he wants,
and this is all it is; to be fair and just
and merciful, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8




3 comments:

Edith said...

Hi Valita! I found your blog very recently. I love your creativity, you really do a beautiful job. I also work with my own designs. I want you to know that I have nominated you for a "Beautiful Award", for being one of my 5 favorite blogs. Edith:)

Helen said...

Hi Valita, Thanks for visiting my blog last week. Your creativities left me speechless. I have checked your blog a few times a day. Thank you sooo much for sharing your beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Valita, You are a life saver thanks to you I can make my own Frangi's instead of buying them am excited to get started. Thank you for sharing!