Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Rainbow card

Pin It
Open in Mobile App




Enjoying our eldest daughters birthday has been great! being able to spend some time together while she is doing her teaching prac has been super busy but a blessing to us all. So today's card is a rainbow to suit her cake. I don't own a rainbow die so you know me I will find another way to make one ;)  made with circle dies and a 3/4" punch for the center. The clouds were made with circles......... 1 and 1/4, 1", 3/4" & 1/2" I did some background sponging with two different scallops glued together and finished it with some mini hearts and a little glitter on the clouds. The cake was fun to make and messy too, but I love colour mess! you can find the details for the cake here. Rainbow Pinata cake

I hope you enjoy! sit back now and watch the video :)


Blessings to you




and a last thought
 I will put my rainbow in the clouds to be
 a sign of my promise to the earth.
Gen 9:13









7 comments:

TLady said...

OH VALITA!!!!!! THIS, BOTH CARD & CAKE ARE FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!:) WOW!!!!!! I've never seen a cake like this ! I HAD TO "FAVORITE" IT!!!!!:) WOW!!! "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" to your Daughter!!!!!:) THANKS FOR SHOWING US!!!!!!!!:)

Holly M said...

Love this card! And the cake. What a lucky birthday girl to receive these special handmade gifts. Thanks for the video. Your rainbow idea will come in handy for me since we're having the rainiest summer here in Kentucky since I don't know when!

Merry said...

Oh so beautiful and clever...love those clouds.

Tam said...

very pretty cake and card. I loved the clouds sponged on they added just the right touch.Happy Birthday Beth and good luck in your endeaavor's.

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Valita! I love how you made your rainbow and the bright cheery colors. Your cake is lovely too. Happy Birthday to your daughter! And of course, you found a scripture to match. Perfection!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

What a beautiful cake and card! A most wonderful gift! I have been so busy looking at your puppet blog that I almost forgot to leave this comment that I began before I saw the link! You are one talented woman! :<) I just finished a doll if you would like to check it out on my blog. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Thank you for sharing all of your many skills!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Cindy John 3:16 stampartistry.blogspot.com said...

Adorable cake and awesome card! Keep up the good work...I'm always coming back for more! :)