Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Punched paper lily

Pin It
Oh WOW ! is all i can say........... a huge thank you to Sharri for allowing me to do a video tutorial on how to make her beautiful punched Lily flowers. Here is the link to her blog, its called papercrafts love affair please pop over and leave a comment on these they are stunning! the scrapbook box is also a great idea too and you'll find all the dimensions for that also! well i hope i have done your design justice Sharri, i popped in a few of my own tips I found helpful in making this too :) ....on a family note....we Will be heading down to Avondale Uni open day for our son as he decides what he will do after he leaves school next year and we'll also get to see our daughter Beth at the same time...can't wait. She has battled with homesickness pretty bad and we stay in contact quite a bit! Our prayers go with her each day and I know God has a place for her to learn new things and love her new life. She will be home soon to do her first in school prac at the local Adventist primary school here in Macksville which she is very excited about and then has 4 weeks at home after that. You know i never thought it would be so hard to watch your kids go and make their own way in this world ....its all been a real learning curve for us all! God is good though and i see His blessings each day which I am always grateful for. ok so here are a few more pics then the video...enjoy and thanks again Sharri for sharing your talents with me and the world! blessing to you today Xx

and a last thought

Let your patience show itself
perfectly in what you do.
James 1:4



Blessings to you

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - this is just gorgeous!! I can't wait to try it - it would be perfect for my MIL's 60th birthday. Thank you so much for sharing - I'll go off to Sharri's blog and thank her too.

Leigh said...

Absolutely beautiful Valita. Thanks for the video too.

Ann said...

Valita these flowers are so beautiful! Thanks so much for showing us how to make them. I'm off to see Sharri's blog right now!

Sharri C said...

Valita! You really did a wonderful very professional video. I love this and you've found ways to make the lilies much more simple and I believe more beautiful! Thanks so much for the vote of confidence! Sharri

Gaby said...

Hi Valita,
what a great tutorial on those gorgeous flowers. Thank you so much!
And now I will jump to Sharris blog.

Have a great week.

Helen said...

You have done it again, Valita. Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Félicitations, c'est vraiment très très beau. Very very beautiful. Sorry for my english.

Hélène (Canada)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for a great tutorial and thanks to Shari for a wonderful project.

Just a hint from me now - leave the pin in the bottle of Crystal Effects. It seals the opening from air and is always reading to go when you next want to use it.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC Love your tutorial. these look fantastic and are my fav flowers ever so I am so so so happy that you did this for us all!!!!!!!

Kimberly Venton said...

Awesome instructions thank you so much! QUESTION! How did you make the long levels on the top of the box under the lillies...they are beautiful also!

jogry said...

Thank you so much for this excellent tutorial, you instruction are very clear and easy to understand.

Bev said...

Valita this is stunning, I found sharis blog when she first made this and made the box part but only recently did the lillies...your way of doing the stamens is definately easier! I used the wrong coloured ink on mine so I want to have another attempt...just had a look around your blog, you are amazing!

bed frame said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I can't wait to start making one. Beautiful work!

Annette said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I am a visual person and appreciate the video. Can't wait to try one!

Corie said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous!!

inkspiring you 2 stamp said...

Thanks for the wonderful video. You make it look so easy! I am just checking that you used the large oval not the wide oval? My petals look so little!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I successfully made some lillies & am now wondering where I might find instructons on how to make the beautiful box. Can you help??

valita said...

follow the links on this blog post Sharri has the instructions for this box :)

Alexandra said...

These lilies are gorgeous thanks for showing how to create them Valita. Your video is very well done and easy to follow. I love 3D flowers, and am hooked on roses too. I'm about to pop across to link to Sharri now to say thanks to her too, these are so soft and elegant, I must have a go at these too now.

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous and thanks so much for the tutorial.

Mitzi Luttrull said...

I just viewed your tutorial on how to make the beautiful lilies. Thank you so much for making it so others can create these beutiful flowers. I like your blog, too. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Valita - just another follow up comment on your stunning Lillies. I made some following your fabulous tutorial and wore them on my apron for my Stampin' Up! summer garden party. Everyone loved them and my upline has now asked me to demo them at her quarterly training. I will be crediting both you and Sharri and giving links to both your wonderful blogs. Thanks SO much for the inspiration. As I am in the UK, this is a real around the world project :) X

Anonymous said...

Just discoverd these, wonderful tutorial!
Roberta

GlendaP said...

I absolutely love your blog. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Your ideas are wonderful and your flowers are just beautiful.