Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Birthday Orchid paper art

Pin It
Open in Mobile App Hi all, welcome back to a new year!!! I hope and pray the Christmas/ New year season has been a blessing to you all with family and friends. Both Dave and I had also had our birthday's over this time so it's been great having family around us! We've enjoyed Christmas at my Mum and Dads place and some crazy hot weather and loads of swimming at the beach. The guys have had fun with their radio controlled cars and in the cooler parts of the day Madaleine and I have managed to do some some crocheting. Dave bought me a vintage Retro style stool which Ive had fun crocheting a cover for and the star blanket I made for our youngest daughter so she can reach for the stars in all she dose in life!! Our two older kids are enjoying being staff at summer camp these next few weeks before they return back to Uni and school starts again. A few pics for you to enjoy!



OK now to my Birthday Orchid! This is the 6th beautiful flower in my collection of punch art orchids. It was especially designed to include buds and create a complete flower spray for my Mothers 80th birthday on the 14 February 2013. This instruction set is dedicated to my Mother "Barbara Beard Hirst Bell Higgins" I love you Mum and I hope you love this orchid project too as lots of love though and time has gone into making this special for my precious Mum. xx


UPDATE: please note, Stampin up no longer sells the bolssom petals punch used for this project so to get around this problem and continue for you to enjoy my projects I have designed some replacement petals which are very similar and will allow you to make the same projects. This will be included with your purchase download.... the up side is you don't need to buy an expensive punch! You can refer to my instruction video as to how to use my template, thank you for your ongoing support. Valita

Birthday Orchid instructions $5.95 

You can find the rest of my orchid collection here http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Orchids
Blessings to you




and a last thought

When my heart is faint and overwhelmed
lead me to the mighty towering rock of saftey.
Psalms 61:2



8 comments:

Crystal said...

Love watching your videos...esp...listening (love your accent). Beautiful orchid!!! 80??? Your mom looks amazing!!!!

valita said...

thanks I think she dose too :)

TLady said...

Hi Valita! :)
So glad you had a FABULOUS Christmas! Your projects look WONDERFUL!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOVE your vintage footstool AND the cover you made!!!!!! :) And your mom DOESN'T LOOK 80!!!!!!!!! :) Your orchid card is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! I KNOW your mom will TEASURE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :) You & your family look like you REALLY ENJOYED your time together!! :)

cardchick's world said...

GORGEOUS! both your card and your MOM!!! and you look just like your mom! happy belated birthday!!!
LOL..you have hot sun and we are freezing in the snow and I'm in sunny Southern California...

Created by Kathi said...

I just love the card you created for your mom... I just did a vid inspired by you on how to use the round end of the quilling tool for texturizing flowers on a foam mat. You are such an inspiration to me... thanks for posting. I have missed you :) Loved the candid video you did too! Kathi

Helen said...

Your Birthday Orchid card is gorgeous! I wish your mum a wonderful 80th birthday. Lovely that your family have all been home for Christmas and that you've been having fun together.

Carol Carriveau said...

Your mum does NOT look 80 at all...but what a lovely tribute to her with the fabulous orchid spray card...hopefully your card will be framed and put out for EVERYONE TO SEE! You never cease to amaze me with your creative mind...love what you do and always look forward to your posts! Belated birthday wishes to you and your sweetheart! Thanks as always for sharing!

Gail said...

Over the long weekend we listened to a due called Joe & Katie (Republic Bar in Hobart).Katie plays the ukelele and later I played your little video singing 'The Beard' song .So ,my lovely hubby says hello and well done you .I also played him the Sophie Madelaine version and we listened to all the other silly songs as well ,made him laugh.