Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daft punk card

Pin It
Open in Mobile App

 Hi all, My son gave me the idea to make my version of a daft punk helmet card. Daft punk is a music band. So I took on the challenge and the above pic was the result.....
Over this last Christmas break gone he was mad on making his own helmet, first from a paper cut out glued together and then he epoxy glued it inside and out, fiber glassed the inside then bogged the outside. Since this pic he has sanded it all back and its looking great! I think he eventually wants cut out the visor and add led lights.
you can purchase the basic pattern here...
Daft punk pattern $3.95

Not this is only the front pattern as a guide and shape for your card. You will need to cut a back base card with some tabs added as shown in the video. I hope you enjoy this idea for the men in your life!


Blessings to you




and a last thought
How can a young man keep his way pure? 
By guarding it according to your word.
Psalms 119:9






6 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I didn't know who Daft Punk was but when I looked it up - your helmet card was perfection! You are one skilled woman! :<) Love detail and your finishing on the helmet is wonderful! Your son's helmet is fantastic - great artistic skill runs in the family! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Big fan of yours...I have admired your work for a long, long time...my blog just came out this year...thanks for visiting me at my Bendi fold tutorial and Video card... what an honor..hopefully i will see you more often
bye
bibiana

cardchick's world said...

Amazing piece of art!!!! It's wonderful to see such a God given talent at work....

Crystal said...

Love your adventurous nature. To take on such a project is amazing. I love your work and visit your blog daily!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Thank you for sharing the reason behind this card....I also have never heard of this but thanks to your son and you, now I am more aware...LOL! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Am a huge fan of Daft Punk who fell in love with your card after a friend sent me the link. It is the cover of their new album Random Access Memories which is on constant rotation....usually when I'm crafting. Will be buying it for sure although I know I don't have one iota of the talent you to create such a masterpiece.

BTW: From one fan to another, please tell your son that his Thomas (one of the members of Daft Punk) helmet is awesome and I can't wait to see the finished product.